Wednesday, December 9, 2009

God's Will..


This verse is the verse that was emailed to me from my daily bible verse subscription. After reading it, i went and read the entire chapter, and I was blown away by how some of the verses mirrored my own longing for the Lord.

In psalm 143:
"1 O LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.
2 Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you."
David is crying out to God for His help, a help only God can give. David knows he has sinned and that only God's righteousness can help him. Only God's righteousness is sufficient and no man can measure up to His righteousness.
Everyday, i struggle with knowing that i am not worthy of God's grace and mercy.


In Psalm 143:

"6 I spread out my hands to you;
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Selah

7 Answer me quickly, O LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit."

To understand the longing that David feels we go back to Psalm 42:

"1 As a deer pants for flowing streams,
so pants my soul for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God,
for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?"

and Psalm:63:

"1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

David is comparing his need for God in his life, to be his very existence, like our need for food and water. Imagine the hottest day you have ever lived. Imainge walking around the desert, your throat is dry, the sun is beating down on you, the salt from your sweat is like knife blades to your throat, burning as you try to swallow and muster any kind of saliva to parch your thirst. This is what a life without God is like to the believer. So often in my own life, I try to put God in a tea kettle on the back burner. I go about my life, knowing He is there, ready and waiting for me, whenever i need Him, not always remembering to listen for the whistling that is God telling me to take Him off the burner. Through all the tough times, I always cry out to the Lord, craving His help and His love. However I need to remember Him always, in the good times, in the easy times, the everyday moments, because to often I go around hearing His whistle but not stopping to take Him off the burner. I need to be more alive in my desire for Him, for my Father. I need to stop being crippled in my spiritual walk. I feel the in my need for Him in my heart and soul, but yet i can not get my feet to move faster. This is my prayer:

Lord, Father, Help me to remove the kettle from the burner. Give me the strength to lift my feet off the ground, get out of the kitchen, and onto the sidewalk and walk in your footsteps.

I'm going to end with this....


Psalm 63:3 "Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you."

His love is better then life. He proved it by sending Jesus to die on the cross. Jesus scarified His life, so that we may be washed clean and know God's love. What a wonderful and awesome gift.

No comments: