Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Continued Recents...

Even though i live in alaska, and even though it is FEBRUARY, we currently have NO SNOW on the ground. This picture is of in front of my house?!

and up the street from my house

(Old Woman's Mountain).
As you can see, no snow....
I am dissapointed in my last winter here...

BUT..
It finally stopped raining today, long enough for us to go and get outside for awhile. Matthew has been sooo deprived from exploring the outdoors, so we went to Jewel Beach. The tide was in so we weren't able to stay out there long, but i got a few little cute shots. Have i mentioned Matthew loves to be outside? Any other reasons he is most definitely his daddy's boy?

He was so ready to go play outside.
And yes those are CONVERSE on his feet.
We don't wear just any old shoe. Only the best for his little toes. Gotta be cool like all his uncles and his daddies friends. :-)
He is getting so big.
Today Matthew saw me eating an apple and he wanted a bite.

So i gave it to him to see what he would do.

and he took a bite....

and he LIKED IT!! Success!
He was so proud to show me his apple.

Even while Cam has been gone these last three months, I have not been raising no sissy little boy. I found a lite sabor toy for $1.00 at a garage sale this weekend. Needless to say, Matthews boyish hit anything with it tendencies quickly came about. Now if these pictures do not scream, " I am BOY !! Hear me Roar!!" I do not know what does.



Last weekMatthew was kind of sick and had a slight allergic reaction to a bunch of dust and cat hair so we went to the dr. and he told us to get Matthew a little bit of benadryl. Unfortunately, I also had to skip a nap this day, so poor little man was ready for bed by 4:30. His normal bedtime is 8 so it was a LOOOONG evening. Poor guy not only fell asleep in his high chair but he also fell asleep in the ball pit. I felt so bad for him. Promptly at 6:35, I could push him no further and he went to sleep. The little man did not wake up till 9 the next morning. It was a glorious evening for mommy to say the least.

Matthew is well and feeling Healthy as a horse now so thank goodness his sleeping is back to normal.
I found out [a while back, but since I haven't updated in a LONG time]
that my sister-in-law Kirsten and her husband Lucas are going to be expecting a little peanut of their own. Asher Wade Slavin will be making his appearance sometime the end of June/ beginning of July. I can not wait and I am SUPER excited for both of them.
:-)
Cameron will be home in a SUPER short time so Me and Matthew are very excited. I have two pictures of Cameron and us on the fridge that are low enough, for Matthew to point to. He knows who his daddy is though, because he points to every picture on the wall that has Cameron in it and says, Da Da!. Breaks my heart for him to be gone and missing him, but It is only for a short while longer. The new place we are moving, will have Cameron being home more often, which also means, more family vacations and trips instead of just me and MAtthew, or just Cameron. :-) YAY! Anyways, off to workout and then to bed. Until Next time....

No comments: